Follow me!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shakespearean Sonnet #6 Death by Roach

I am not the prissiest girl in the world but I do happen to hate roaches.  No sum of money could ever entice me to take part in this contest... lucky for me...



Oh Florida, a silly state chock full of crazies
Edward ate the most cockroaches in a contest
 And as a result he is pushing up daisies
This story is fact, I truly don’t jest.

The exact cause of his death is not known
They must wait for the autopsy result
Who knows what will be written on that tombstone
Hopefully it doesn’t add further insult.

Florida, your residents are a trashy, hickish lot
Death by roach, selling your kid and eating a man’s face
Are just a few of the crazy news stories that you’ve got
Class is something that your beaches just can’t replace.

A man swallowed insect after insect just for a prize
No python is worth death by cockroach in this girl’s eyes.


No comments: